E Juice/ E-liquid have a composition of 5 ingredients that are as follows:
- Propylene glycol (PG) – It is commonly mixed with vegetable glycerin (as the base for e-juice) as it is a solvent in variety of things. It is also used in fog machines along with being a solvent in nature. If it is used in higher amount then it will produce thicker clouds of vapor but it can cause allergic reactions of mild nature to the consumers as well as can dry out throat of the consumer.
- Vegetable glycerin (VG) – It is mainly used in all variety of personal care products (like toothpaste) and food products. It is natural as derived from the vegetable oils.
- Flavors – many of the e-juices use food grade flavors (originally intended to use in candy making and bakery products).
- Nicotine – the ratio of nicotine will depend on the strength. The e-juice of pure nicotine (pharmaceutical grade) is used by large number of suppliers.
- Distilled water – It is used for diluting in case if required.
The base of e juice is a combination of PG and VG and varies in ratio as common ratios are PG/VG 50/50, PG/VG 80/20, PG/VG 60/40 or 100% PG/VG.
The e-cigarette must be charged at its full capacity (approx 10 hours) before using for the first time. Normally it will take 2-4 hours for charging. In order to prolong the battery life charge the battery till the light on the battery turns to green. Most of the e-cigarettes have similar components as there is a slight difference in models of various companies. It comes with a pre filled cartridge then it can be used readily.
The atomizer will be activated when the consumer press the button of e-cigarette. The e- juice will heat up and the consumer can breathe in its vapor (as it starts to draw from the cartridge). The consumer can smoke (with e-cigarette) as he would do with normal cigarette. He can have long and calm puffs so that he can get good amount of vapor during inhalation.
It is very important to determine the amount of nicotine you want to have in e-juice. As heavy smokers (strong cravings) will require replacing a cigarette more and the light smoker (mild cravings) will require replicating cigarette lesser. The consumer can try the trial sizes of various flavors that companies offer as there are variety of flavors available such as fruity, sweet and spicy. To do experiment for finding the flavor that you like is a never ending process and the consumer can have fun while doing that.