Tile roofing is an ideal choice for roofs that are exposed to salt air or hot weather. This is the reason why you often see tile roofs in the Southwest, coastal Florida and even in California. Aside from that, it is known to be beautiful and durable.
Here are other reasons why you should consider tile roofing:
The design of aspect includes the following:
- Colors: you can choose between clay and concrete clay tiles, which are manufactured in different colors. You can choose from dark shades to light shades. There are also multi-colored tiles making it easy to complement your roof with the facade.
- Profiles and styles: roof tiling is versatile that it can match any style required for the structure. Tile roofs are designed to mimic other roofing materials like slate, wood, and traditional barrel giving you a variety of style options.
- Increased value: when it comes to appraisal, more credit is given to tile roofing. Aside from that, houses with tile roofing also sell better compared to other materials like an asphalt shingle.
Durability aspect of tile roofing includes the following:
- Long-term: durability speaks of long-term use. Although tile roofs initially cost a lot more when compared to metal, wood shake and asphalt shingle, they last much longer. Depending on the quality, the roof can last 50-70 years or even more. In fact, there are centuries old tile roofs that are still enduring today.
- Fire resistance: tile roofing is a Class A fire resistant.
- Hail resistance: the tile is essentially built with a tough water-shedding outer shell that can add a layer of protection. You must be aware that clay and concrete tiles can resist damage from hailstones as large as 2”.
- High-wind resistance: tile roofs are manufactured to withstand high winds. In fact, tiles are tested to meet the 150 MPH wind speeds of Florida.
The sustainability aspect of tile roofing includes the following:
- Environment-friendly: the materials used will not deplete natural resources. Aside from that, there are no chemical preservatives used in the tile production process. As with waste, it can be recycled. Since it has a long life, it reduces the need for reroofing.
- Reflectivity: according to the test performed, tiles have the ability to cut the heat transfer compared to other roofing materials – up to 70%.
- The natural flow of air: tiles are considered because of its natural air ventilation. This means that it can keep the house warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Energy cost: since it presents a natural flow of air, tiles will allow you to keep the cooling/heating costs low during summer and winter.
Aside from these aspects, you should know other things about it.
- Ease of installation: with trained professionals like Tile Roofing Service Altamonte Springs, tile roofs are easy to install. You will also be assured of the quality of work. Tiled roofs will surely give your house and your landscape a unique and identifiable look.
- Maintenance and repair: since tiles are individually installed, they are easy to repair. This means less maintenance is involved.